Monday, December 17, 2007

monday morning

I thought I was on the up and up with this cold I had, but this morning I felt like...welll...horrible. I don't want sympathy, just prayer. I know Emily is the one who has been doing the hard work in the family these days. My main priority is to make sure Emily is taken care of. Last night she got some good blocks of sleep. We've been getting as much help as we can with breast feeding. Corban seems to be doing great.

Pray that my cold would subside, and that I wouldn't get Emily or Corban sick.

We're pretty certain that we will get sent home today. I think this will be good for us. Not that we don't appreciate all the help we've received at St. John's, but because we came in later in the day and didn't deliver until 10:00, I think we've slipped through the cracks in a lot of regards. Nurses keep asking, "Have you done this?" or "have you been told about this?" Our answer is always no. I think it will be good to be home.

We are so blessed. Our little guy is so cute and lovable (like most babies). We are growing as a family already, and I've already felt more of a urge to provide, protect and serve my family. Pray that this would always be the case.

Emily is feeling a lot less pain today, but she still needs to take it easy obviously. My wife is so bigtime!

I hope you're all well. Talk to you soon.

3 comments:

  1. She IS big time! We'll be praying for your health too. It stinks being sick on top of all that is going on. We'll pray that Em and Corban stay well to. Jesus bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phil, are you kidding? You are going to be one of the most amazing fathers this world has ever known! I'm sure of it!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete