Tuesday, December 18, 2007

first day home

Corban's first day home was a good one. Emily is feeling good. Renee said that the third day is often the hardest day for new moms because your body finally realizes what just happened, your milk comes in, and the tiredness catches up to you. Emily's milk has come in, but Corban is still getting used to thing called eating - hard work when your so small and only three days old.

It was very special to bring him into his room last night. He likes it obviously, he told us so. It is very nice to have him on the same floor of the house with us. I'm so thankful to the Lord that he provided for us to build the nursery.

Please continue to pray that Emily would heal up and be more comfortable. Pray also that she would be able to establish a schedule with Corban as far as feeding goes.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Phillip and Emily! Now don't go falling off your chair, its your cousin Kimmie :) I am so happy for you guys, he is SOOO adorable. Isn't it fun being mommy and daddy? Being able to come home is the best feeling ever...you can rest so much easier. But reality sure hits hard...I was so scared I was doing EVERYTHING wrong. Now after my third baby I look back and realize I did just fine:) Snuggle him up every chance you get, they grow so fast. Love Kimmie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kimmie! Great to hear from you. Thanks for the advice. Seriously, I can already see him growing and changing and he's only three days old. We do feel a little helpless, but we have a good helper (Emily's mom and my mom is coming down Wednesday and perhaps Friday).

    Hope you and your family are doing great! Talk to you later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete