Monday, March 22, 2010

spring

I love the spring. I love all the seasons, but I love each season individually for specific reasons.

The spring is bursting with life and smells fill the air. There are many scents of spring, and most of them take me back to a time and place when I was doing this or that.

Just the other day I was in my home town and the scent combined with way the sun hit my face reminded of the day I got my first car running. It was a 1976 Chrysler Cordoba. For 7 years prior the owner had let it sit where he parked it because the battery died. He bought a new car and never dealt with the old one. I asked him if I could buy it from him (16 year-olds will do anything for any set of wheels) and he said he would pay me $1 dollar if I could get it running. Needless to say I was a dollar richer at the end of the day.

I was also reminded of events that happened in my life many springs ago when I was in school, and what life was like then...and I was thankful to God for where and how he has brought me here.

With spring in full bloom I look forward to backpacking trips, fishing, photography, biking, biking, biking, climbing, and just being outdoors in general. I especially excited to do outdoor things with Corban!

How about you?

2 comments:

  1. A person who enjoys all the seasons is blessed by God.

    Have you considered biking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first car was a 1976 Chevy Nova. It is in my parents barn. I'll give you a dollar if you get it running!

    ReplyDelete