Sunday, February 7, 2010

support for Mahare

You remember back in August when I did that 24 hour bike race? Well, what I didn't tell you is that I sent out a letter to my family asking for support. My goal was to get monetary pledges per lap I completed. We ended up raising $150 which we divided two ways and gave to each of our sponsored children from World Vision. Katrina in SE Asia and Mahare from Africa.

Here is a portion from the letter we received from Mahare:

Thank you so much for your money aid. We are so happy to get your special gift. May the LORD bless you with many blessings. The project worker have bought a heifer according to our need and plan. Really you are playing a great role in our food security. I enclosed a picture of me, my father and the new heifer. I hope you will get it soon and enjoy it much.


Here is picture of Mahare and his dad with their new cow!



Thanks for helping me be used of the LORD to put those smiles on their faces!

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing gift! I pray that God will use their new heifer to help them eat and thank God for His gifts.

    ReplyDelete