Monday, December 28, 2009

A prayer request

Hello,

We are spending the week up in Grand Marais for a time of prayer and planning.  Many of you know, mid October I was laid off.  Unfortunately Piper Construction had only enough work to keep one person busy.  I have been staying busy where I can, and the Lord has been faithful.

With much prayer and consultation, I decided to start a business!  It's called "Phil Carlson Custom Wood Craft."  I am registered with the state and have been working on logos and websites and all the other 100 things I have to think about during this time.  In the next couple days here I will be hopefully be launching the website, I will send you a link when it's ready.

Please pray:

that I would be wise with my time up here.  That I would devote much time to prayer and fasting, as well as getting on the computer and making things happen.

that I would get a clear vision and mission for the company, and that the Lord would use us to serve people.  Pray that the Lord would lead us to the people who need our help.


that I would have peace.  I have been very overwhelmed and worried lately, and that's not what the Lord wants for me.  Pray I would trust the Lord, and lean on him in all things and that he would continue to be perfectly faithful in our lives.


that the van would be sold.  I just listed a van on craigslist and I would very much like it to sell, its a big burden on me right now.

that our other vehicles would make it through the winter with out any major repairs.

that the bathroom remodel I'm starting on Jan 4th would go smooth and I would be prepared. 

This scripture has been very sweet and prophet to me lately.  Please also pray this text over me.

"Wait for the LORD; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the LORD!" Psalm 27:14

Thank you so much!

3 comments: