Thursday, December 31, 2009

a prayer for today

Lord Jesus, please take this burden from me.  I know your ears are always open and you are attentive to my cries.  Give me the joy that's mine as a sheep in your fold.  Cause my face to turn to you and be radiant.  Let my mourning be turned to rejoicing, for that is far better.  Give me grace to not worry about tomorrow, but trust in you for today.  Renew my soul, lift my countenance, save the soul of your servant.  Help me to be a confident father who trusts in you, and inspires confidence in my family.  Send your peace over me like a title wave and enrapture my soul with your benevolence.  Only in you, Jesus, is there any consolation for sorrow, and all the reason in the world for rejoicing and satisfaction.  Keep my mind fixed on you and rule in my heart.  Take it Lord Jesus, you are entirely trustworthy and good.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment