Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I love my son

I do, I really do. I love everything about him. I love also that he loves me. We have such good times together. No, he's not perfect and neither am I, but we absolutely hanging out together. I love that he tells me to sit down on the couch and then proceeds to hand me a book, climb up on my lap and say, "daddy read". I love that he asks me everyday to watch "big trucks" on Youtube. I love that he loves his jammies and will stay in them all day. I love that he gives hugs and kisses, and says sorry when he does something hurtful. I love that he colors me pictures, and how proud he is of them. I love how excited he is to see me when I get home from work, and how he can't wait to do something together. I love that he holds our hands when we pray, and will often ask to pray multiple times during a meal. I love that he wants to do what I'm doing, especially projects around the house. I love how excited he gets when we do new things. I love the way he talks, and love hearing him sing. I love holding him when he's hurt and comforting him.

I love him!

I can't help but be reminded of the fact that I am God's son. If I love my son this much, and I'm a sinful, earthly father, how much more must my heavenly Father love me?! It is good to be in the fold of God. May I, by His good grace, teach my son through word, deed, spirit, and truth about the love of the heavenly Father.

He loves us!

3 comments:

  1. Good post, Phil. I hope you enjoy some extra time with him over the coming weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post brother - encouraging. And I LOVE the pics. Thanks also for the Christmas card. The whole family would be thrilled with a visit from the Carlsons anytime! Matthew for the fam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate - thanks for the great 'dad' blog.

    ReplyDelete