Tuesday, December 29, 2009

my prayer that the LORD heard and answered

Oh Lord Jesus, overwhelm my heart with peace today.  Cause me to wait on you, and put on the courage you have for me.  Give me a trust in you that surpasses human logic, and give me eyes to see beyond this momentary, light affliction.  You are good and faithful, ever extending your constant care over me.  Bring my countenance from fear and sorrow to that of joy and contentment.  You own the cattle on a thousand hills.  You clothe the lilies of the field.  You feed the sparrows.  You didn’t spare your own Son, but gave him up for me.  How will you not give me all I need?!  Oh God cause me to seek your kingdom and your righteousness.  You are gracious, good, and always faithful.  Thank you for loving me.  You are the great Provider, and you care for my soul.  I praise you Lord for the perfect peace found in you.  Give my soul rest in you.  I love you Lord.  Amen

3 comments:

  1. A prayer that I need to pray as well. A prayer that God wants to answer. A prayer that in His faithfulness and in His timing He will answer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all your prayers everybody. I have definitely felt them yesterday and today. Pray that Glenn would buy the van. He inquired today about it and seemed interested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://joyfullife.abeka.com/Middler/PDFs/Spring1/HeOwnsCattleSheetMusic.pdf

    Sing this tonight.

    ReplyDelete