Friday, March 2, 2007

jewelery boxes

Hey mom,

What do you think of these boxes? They don't have the final finish coat on them but, I'm not particularly fond of how the stain turned out. I should have left them natural because that's easier. At this point they can still be sanded down and worked with. I think what happened is I didn't do a good enough job on the finish sanding and so the stain didn't take well on the top of the box lids. Let me know what you would like done. If you want to take a stab at staining them that is fine, I know you're better at that then I am. Hope you doing well, talk to you soon.


5 comments:

  1. I saw that top picture before I read the title, and I thought you had built a coffin!

    -Abraham

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! That's funny! Perhaps I could start doing that. Philthecarl's custom coffins - built to last.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Son! They are beautiful!! I see nothing wrong with the stain and
    I like character. I know when I make
    something and the finish is not what
    I had in mind, I think something is
    wrong and in this case, they look great! I,like Abraham, saw the picture and thought it was a coffin.
    Can't wait to get them.(the jewelery
    boxes) Love you, mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good, I'll go ahead and finish them up so they're ready as soon as possible. I'm going to use a satin lauquer. It gives the most clear finsih. I hope Judy likes it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quite a set of arks you have there.

    ReplyDelete