Wednesday, December 13, 2006

What happened to MN winters?


I can remember when I was a child waking up, and there was a different feeling about the house. Things seemed quieter, yet brighter and new. On winter mornings like that I would open the drapes to find a fresh, eight inch blanket of snow from the storm the night before. Throwing on my snowsuit (with moon-boots) and hurrying out to play was my first reaction because I knew school would be canceled because the buses couldn't get through. I feel bad for kids these days on multiple levels, but particularly about the absence of good, old fashion MN winters these days. When I was three I stepped into my first pair of cross-country skies. I have been skiing every winter from then on up until now. Even in the last couple years when the snow has been lousy, I've still been able to ski every now and again (granted it's more like ice skating since the snow is so hard and icy). I have taken up running which I really don't enjoy nearly as much as skiing, but it's growing on me. It seems that I have time to think when I run, even time to pray. What is it about Americans and multitasking? Whether or not the Lord opens up His storehouses of snow, He always pours out enough grace for His children to enjoy Him no matter the forecast.

No comments:

Post a Comment