Saturday, December 2, 2006

Ephesians 5:25-33 is the hardest command in the Bible

I am continually astounded by the graciousness of my wife. She's not perfect, but she's perfect for me. The endeavor to be a good husband has been one of the most challenging things I've ever done, not because my wife is hard to lead, but because of the magnitude of the call. Though being a husband is hard, it's also very rewarding to have such sweet companionship.

By the grace of God, my wife and I are continually learning how to love each other, this is a bittersweet endeavor. The more I see my own inabilities to love my wife, the more I realize the way that Christ loved the church perfectly. I'm excited for the many years to come (Lord-willing) serving my wife. May the Lord give me grace to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment